Internet Conference is an academic conference seeking for research papers on computer network technologies, such as distributed systems that leverage,or compose, the Internet.
In the recent activities around the Internet, many valuable technologies have emerged, such as deep-learning technologies, blockchain technologies, and the IoT (Internet of Things technologies reinforced by sensor systems). On the other hand, cyber security is more and more considered as a serious danger to our society. We, the program committees of IC2018, think that this is the right time to start considering re-design of core framework in the future Internet, for example, communication framework, application framework, data management, service framework, and security framework, for the purpose to strongly support the emerging applications.
We hope to gather many experts’ knowledges and opinions from many area of expertise, regarding the desired features, the example cases of challenges, the problems in the applications, the limitations of current Internet, and the new demands for the Internet. We highly appreciate the submissions and participations from new areas to the IC2018.
The areas of the topic for the conference are listed below but not limited to:
- Requests/Complains for the Internet infrastructure (*)
- Unique applications/Use cases on the Internet (*)
- Cloud computing
- Designs and techniques for web-based applications
- Governance on the Internet
- Internet (network) operation, Internet exchange
- Measurement and analysis of the Internet
- Network architectures (clean-slate approach)
- Routing technologies
- Security for communication networks
- Software Defined Network (SDN)
- Transport protocols
Note: The (*) mark indicates special topic in the conference.
Posters written in English or Japanese will be considered for acceptance.
- At least one author must attend the conference and give the presentation. The authors will give a 5 minute lightening talk during conference session. The authors will be also expected to present their work during poster session.
- A poster must include a title, images that illustrate their work and a short text that summarizes the main points.
- A poster uses specific font size, 24pt for main body text, 32pt for titles.
- A poster size is A1 paper size in portrait mode (594 x 841mm).
- The authors must bring the printed poster.
- The authors will use B1 size (728 x 1030mm) poster panels and scotch tapes provided by IC2018.
- The posters will be displayed at dedicated area during the whole day of the conference.
- The accepted poster will be published in proceedings of the Internet Conference 2018 provisionally by Japan Society for Software Science and Technology (JSSST).
- The poster data format is PDF.
- For posters on previously published papers or presented in other places, please submit a poster with the full bibliographical citation (title, authors, venue, etc.), a link to the published (official) version, and the abstract.
More detailed instruction is available in the following URL.
IC2018 will select the best poster award among the accepted posters.